- Álvarez-Morales A (2002) Transgenes in maize landraces in Oaxaca: Official report on the extent and implications. Available from Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on the Biosafety of Genetically Modified Organisms Beijing, October 10-16, 2002, p 65. http://www.bba.de/gentech/isbgmo.pdf (verified 20 Mar 2006)
- Cleveland DA, Soleri D, Aragón Cuevas F, Crossa J, Gepts P (2005) Detecting (trans)gene flow to landraces in centers of crop origin: lessons from the case of maize in Mexico. Environ. Biosafety Res. 4: 197–208 [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [PubMed]
- Crossa J, Vencovsky R (1994) Implication of the variance in effective population size on the genetic conservation of monoecious species. Theor. Appl. Genet. 89: 936–942 [PubMed]
- DuMouchel WH (1990) Bayesian meta-analysis. In Berry DA, ed, Statistical methodology in the pharmaceutical sciences. Dekker, New York pp 509–529
- Eddy DM, Hasselblad V, Shachter R, eds (1992) Meta-Analysis by the Confidence Profile Method, Academic Press, New York
- Ezcurra E, Ortiz-García S, Soberón J (2002) Evidence of gene flow from transgenic maize to local varieties in Mexico. In LMOs and the Environment: Proceedings of an International Conference, Roseland CR ed, OECD, pp 289–295. http://www.oecd.org/document/18/0,2340,en_ 2649_34387_2509330_1_1_1_1,00.html (verified 20 Mar 2006)
- Hernández SCM, Crossa J (1993) A program to estimate the optimum sample size for germplasm conservation. J. Hered. 84: 85–86
- Fisher RA (1932) Statistical Methods for Research Workers, Oliver and Boyd, Edinburgh
- Folks JL (1984) Combination of Independent Tests. In Krishnaiah PK, Sen PK, eds, Handbook of Statistics, 4, Nonparametric Methods, North-Holland, New York
- Louette D, Smale M (2000) Farmers’seed selection practices and traditional maize varieties in Cuzalapa, Mexico. Euphytica 113: 25–41 [CrossRef]
- Luna VS, Figueroa MJ, Baltazar MB, Gomez LR, Townsend R, Schoper JB (2001) Maize pollen longevity and distance isolation requirements for effective pollen control. Crop Sci. 41: 1551–1557 [CrossRef]
- Olkin I (1995) Meta-analysis: reconciling the results of independent studies. Stat. Med. 14: 457–472 [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Ortiz-García S, Ezcurra R, Schoel B, Acevedo F, Soberón J, Snow AA (2005) Absence of detectable transgenes in local landraces of maize in Oaxaca, Mexico (2003-2004). Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102: 12338–12343 [CrossRef]
- Pressoir G, Berthaud J (2004) Patterns of population structure in maize landraces from the Central Valleys of Oaxaca in Mexico. Heredity 92: 88–94 [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Quist D, Chapela IH (2001) Transgenic DNA introgressed into traditional maize landraces in Oaxaca, Mexico. Nature 414: 541–543 [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Quist D, Chapela IH (2002) Quist and Chapela reply. Nature 416: 602 [CrossRef]
- Rice WR (1990) A consensus combined P-value test and the family-wide significance of component tests. Biometrics 46: 303–308 [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Schulze R (2004) Meta-Analysis: A Comparision of Approaches, Hogrefe and Huber Publishing, New York
- Sokal RR, Rohlf FJ (1995) Biometry, W.H. Freeman, New York
- Soleri D, Smith SE, Cleveland DA (2000) Evaluating the potential for farmer and plant breeder collaboration: a case study of farmer maize selection in Oaxaca, Mexico. Euphytica 116: 41–57 [CrossRef]
- Vencovsky R, Crossa J (1999) Variance effective population size under mixed self and random mating with applications to genetic conservation of species. Crop Sci. 39: 1282–1294 [CrossRef]
- Vencovsky R, Crossa J (2003) Measurements of representativeness used in genetic resources conservation and plant breeding. Crop Sci. 43: 1912–1921 [CrossRef]
- Whitlock MC (2005) Combining probability from independent tests: the weighted Z-method is superior to Fisher's approach. J. Evolution. Biol. 18: 1368 [CrossRef]
Environ. Biosafety Res.
Volume 4, Number 4, October-December 2005
|Page(s)||209 - 215|
|Published online||22 June 2006|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.