- Betz FS, Hammond BG, Fuchs RL (2000) Safety and advantages of Bacillus thuringiensis-protected plants to control insect pests. Regul. Toxicol. Pharm. 32: 156–173
- Birnbaum ZW, Sirken MG (1977) Effects of nonresponse. In Cochran WG, Sampling Techniques, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., p 359
- Celis C, Scurrah M, Cowgill S, Chumbiauca S, Green J, Franco J, Main G, Kiezebrink D, Visser RGF, Atkinson HJ (2004) Environmental biosafety and transgenic potato in a centre of diversity for this crop. Nature 432: 222–225
- Cohen JI, Paarlberg R (2002) Explaining restricted approval and availability of GM crops in developing countries. AgBiotechNet, Vol. 4, ABN 097
- Cole DC, Carpio F, Julian JA, Leon N (1998) Health impacts of pesticide use in Carchi farm populations. In Crissman CC, Antle JM, Capalbo SM, eds, Economic, environmental, and health tradeoffs in agriculture: pesticides and the sustainability of Andean potato production, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Massachusetts, USA, pp 209–230
- Falconi CA (1996) Funding agricultural biotechnology in Peru: A profitable investment. In Turning priorities into feasible programs: Proc. of a policy seminar on agricultural biotechnology for Latin America, Peru, 6–10 October, 1996, pp 114–122
- Ghislain M, Bonierbale M, Nelson R (1999) Gene technology for potato in developing countries. In Hohn T, Leisinger KM, eds, Biotechnology of food crops in developing countries, Springer-Verlag, Vienna, pp 105–141
- Ghislain M, Lagnaoui A, Walker T (2003) Fulfilling the promise of Bt potato in developing countries. J. New Seeds (USA) 5: 93–113
- Huamán Z (1998) Collection, maintenance and evaluation of potato genetic resources. Plant Var. Seeds 11: 29–38
- Kough J (2003) The safety of Bacillus thuringiensis for human consumption. J. New Seeds 5: 1–10
- Lapan HE, Moschini G (2004) Innovation and trade with endogenous market failure: the case of genetically modified products. Am. J. Agr. Econ. 86: 634–648
- McLean MA, Frederick RJ, Traynor PL, Cohen JI (2002) A conceptual framework for implementing biosafety: Linking policy, capacity, and regulation. ISNAR Briefing Paper 47
- Pray CE, Huang J, Ruifa H, Rozelle Sc (2002) Five years of Bt cotton in China – the benefits continue. Plant J. 31: 423–430
- Qaim M, Zilberman D (2003) Yield effects of genetically modified crops in developing countries. Science 299: 900–902
- Salas AR, Spooner DM, Huamán Z, Torres Maita RV, Hoekstra R, Schüler K, Hijmans RJ (2001) Taxonomy and new collections of wild potato species in central and southern Peru in 1999. Am. J. Potato Res. 78: 197–207
- Shelton AM, Zhao J-Z, Roush RT (2002) Economic, ecological, food safety, and social consequences of the deployment of transgenic plants. Annu. Rev. Entomol. 467: 845–881
- Spooner DM, Salas AR, Huamán Z, Hijmans, RJ (1999) Wild potato collecting expedition to southern Peru (Departments of Apurímac, Arequipa, Cusco, Moquegua, Puno, Tacna) 1998: Taxonomy and genetic resources. Am. J. Potato Res. 76: 103–119
- Thiele G (1998) Informal potato seed systems in the Andes: Why are they important and what should we do with them? World Dev. 27: 83–99
- Weiss R (2000) EPA restricts gene-altered corn in response to concerns. Farmers must plant conventional 'refuges' to reduce threat of ecological damage. Press rel., Washington Post, Jan. 16, 2000
Environ. Biosafety Res.
Volume 4, Number 3, July-September 2005
|Page(s)||179 - 188|
|Published online||16 March 2006|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.